Monday, March 9, 2009

Accountability

Ok, I have made the commitment. I joined Weight Watchers on Saturday. I know, I have done this before. All I can say is this, I am going to do a weight loss program again because I want to live long enough to see my grandchildren get married.

I went to the Doctor last week and she said I was really close to having to be on blood pressure medicine. Now, I have always maintained that if my health depended on it, I would certainly have the will to lose weight. The reality of it is this, I need to lose weight if I want to live to be a really old eccentric person. I watched my mother's health problems for years, and she was very obese. Most of her problems were weight related. She didn't lose the weight. She died. Simple enough.

My mother died in 2006 and on Jan. 1 of 2007, I started on the Atkins plan. I was on Atkins for about a year and lost a bunch of weight. Once I went off of it and tried to maintain the weight loss, I was fighting a losing battle. Carbs are just too good. It is a simple fact. So, here it is 2009 and I am fat AGAIN. I am doing Weight Watchers because it has regular food and carbs. I need control in my life. I want to lose weight. I just have to want it more than I want other things. I pray for God to give me the strength and the won't power to get this done. I have plenty of will power when it comes to food (I will eat whatever I want, whenever I want), I just don't have won't power (I won't eat this because I want to lose weight). I want to feel better about myself. I want to be able to have a grandchild and a book on my lap at the same time. Please, God, hear my prayer. My daughter said the other day, "Overeating is a sin." I want to conquer this sin in my life.

So, the point of this blog is to make me accountable to myself to do the program and lose the weight. Simple enough.

1 comment:

BetnyNonnie said...

Love you, Mom. I am going to start up soon! We can work together! You are awesome!