Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dieting

Well, I am taking a break. After consuming a delicious 1/2 cup of sugar free Black Cherry gelatin with zero points, I am basking in the warmth of a full tummy. NOT. Not even close. In my former self, I would never have considered eating black cherry gelatin -- who would choose to eat that? I eat it now because it is allowed. Actually, nothing is not allowed on Weight Watchers -- everything is allowed, but everything has points -- and therein lies the rub.

My whole thought process about my food is changing. I have to think of everything I eat in relation to how many points that the food has. No longer am I able to just eat it because it looks good, or because I want it, or because I am bored, etc. I can only eat it if it is low in points because I only have so many points a day, and I don't want to waste them frivolously. Priorities, you know.

I keep thinking, with all the sacrifices I am making, I should be able to tell that I am losing weight, right? Well, it has only been 4 days of sacrifice, so nothing has changed yet. I do not enjoy this process called dieting. I am having headaches every single day. I am sure it is my lack of calories. This cannot be good. It could also be the weather and allergies, but who really knows?

Don't worry, I have no intention of abandoning my diet. For heaven's sake, I just started. I just like to complain and I talk about it incessantly. Isn't that what a blog is for? To get things off your chest? Well, this is my forum to journal the ups and downs of this diet. Feel free to abandon me whenever you want. I know it isn't interesting to everyone and quite possibly, to no one.

Anyway, I plan on shrinking as these days crawl by. Nothing about denial is fun. Nothing about being overweight is fun, either, so I have to persevere.

Simple enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you are going to stick with it! I'll be there Saturday to join you and we can do this together! Soon to be skinny girls rule! :-)

Sandy

BetnyNonnie said...

I think you are doing an amazing job, Momma! Love you! And I do not mind if you talk about it alot!