Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to anyone who actually reads this blog. I don't know of anyone who reads it regularly, not even my kids. Maybe when I pass on, they will be interested.

Anyway, I keep hearing this, "Now things can get back to normal." I don't want things to go back to normal. What is normal? Why not keep ourselves in the holiday mode all year long (except for the non-stop eating)? I think that more people probably think about Jesus in December than most months. I think that people are just happier during the holiday season once the shopping is done and the stage is set for the holidays. People seem kinder in December (all except the walmart employees). I wish we could keep that feeling of good will toward men all year long. I guess that is too much to ask.

I am very busy in January. I work in an office and I have to change all my files over to new ones for the new year. That means taking all the old ones out and putting them in file cabinets in the back room. That means that for the first month or two of this new year, I will be traipsing back and forth to the back to locate something that someone needs. I like organization, I am just not good at it. My desk looks a mess. I try really hard, but it doesn't come easy to me. I know I can find what I need, I just need to put it away instead of put it down. If only I could train myself to do that at home, too. Wow, that would be good.

I am stalling putting my Christmas decorations away. Not because I am particularly lazy, but because I really like my tree and hate to see it taken down. I know it has to go, but I am holding on for a bit.

I really want to go back to Weight Watchers, too. I know, it didn't take last year, but that shouldn't stop me from trying again, should it? I hate that I let myself get so fat again. I do it every single time. I sabotage myself. I have no one to blame but myself.

I love the holidays. I wish they lasted longer.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I read your blog, crazy lady.