Monday, March 21, 2011

Outpouring

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. ~ Psalms 39:7, NLT

This was an encouraging word from KLOVE. It is true. Nothing we do or say or try to do or try to say can happen without the Lord. He is sovereign.

I have been amazed and awed at the outpouring of prayers on behalf of Silas Cameron. It is so great that we can be united to pray for this little boy without some of us even knowing him. I don't know him, I don't know his parents. I know my daughters love him and his family. That is enough for me. That is enough for friends of mine at church. People all over the country are praying for this little boy.

My mother's heart goes out to Silas' mother. I know they are faithful loving servants of God. They lost one son to this horrible thing that has attacked Silas. They have had several miscarriages on the way to having Silas. They have endured pain and sorrow. I am sure that they breathed a sigh of relief when Silas lived longer than Carter. Now the same thing is happening to Silas. I feel that we, as the body of Christ, have held the Cameron's up when they couldn't do it themselves. I know they are scared. That is a certainty. No matter what kind of faith you have, when your child is sick, nothing else matters. When your child is in critical condition, it is hard to hold on to your thoughts. Your thoughts are consumed with caring for that sick child. No matter how old they are. It seems unfair that the world still turns, that people still have to go to work, that bills have to be paid, that meals have to be eaten, that your other children need you, that life goes on. Their life is consumed by wanting to be with their son. They need to be in the hospital. They need to help him. Unfortunately, they cannot.

Only through God can their child be healed. The doctors need God to help them find out how to help that baby. I have woken myself up praying for Silas. I have poured out my heart to God to spare their little boy. That they shouldn't have to go through that kind of loss again. God is answering our prayers. I have claimed a miracle for Silas. I have prayed that he be 100% healed and that God is given all the glory for this healing. I feel like no matter how long it takes for this to happen, it will happen. I was very discouraged at first when I heard about this, but since the first 24 hours, I am convinced that God is going to heal this baby completely. I have no basis for this, just a gut feeling. I know my God is a God of miracles, and I believe that this is going to be one of His miracles.

Please continue to pray for Silas Cameron. God need to hear our unceasing prayers for this baby. God needs to know that we all have faith that He will heal this baby.

God wants to hear from you.

No comments: