Saturday, June 1, 2019

Remembering My Dogs

Things I might forget, so I need to write them down:

My dog, Sophie (the one with the mental issues) used to eat chicken noodle soup and slurp all the liquid out of the bowl and lick off the noodles and leave them beside the bowl. She didn't care for noodles.

Maddie (the sweetest dog) used to sit upright on her butt like a person (with her back legs stuck out in front of her).

Sophie (near the end of her life) smelled like dog butt all the time. She had the worst breath in the canine world.

Maddie couldn't roll over. She would just lie down and turn to the side a little. It was her attempt at rolling over. She wasn't feeling the whole doing tricks thing.

Sophie used to "sit up pretty" - which meant that she would jump up on the step stool I used to have an put her hands on the rail and bark for a treat. She also would put her little hands on my hand and whine when she was told to sit up pretty without the stool.

Sophie could bark "please" in a tinier bark than her normal one to differentiate between the commands. Bethany taught her that.

Neither dog would take food out of my hand without me saying, "OK."

Sophie would sometimes grin with her teeth showing. It didn't look like a grin to most folks, though.

They were very good friends.

No comments: