Saturday, June 1, 2019

Does Anyone Understand?

I know that people have it worse than I do on a regular basis. That their lives are horrible and mine is not. I know that people have worse news to live with than I have about my children. I know that no pregnancy is "routine." I know. I know. I know.

BUT - Both of my daughters have almost died giving birth.

BUT - Both of my daughters survived because of the grace of God. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

Jesus died for me. Jesus lives inside me. I am a wife to a really good man - my high school sweetheart. Mother of two of the most fabulous women that I know. I am grandmother to nine precious grandchildren.

I do not want to have a pity party, but this has been a hard season.

I have had a tumultuous few months.

My beloved Mother-in-Law goes home to Jesus.
My beloved Aunt Lucille goes home to Jesus.
Bethany having pre-eclampsia.
Ezra being born early.
Wayne having surgery on his knee for an infection. His knee not healing well.
Chris having a miscarriage of a twin.
Chris having a uterine hemorrhage.
Chris having placenta previa.
Chris having Vasa Previa.
Chris having her water break at 26 weeks.
Chris having Placenta Acreta.
Chris having her baby at 28 weeks.
Nora weighing only 2 lbs. 14 oz.
Chris having a scary infection and being re-hospitalized.

Please tell me how I managed to get through all this stuff and still hold down my job and not go completely crazy? I know that is God that gets me through all these tough times. He gives me strength that I know is supernatural.

I can honestly say that I am glad my girls are through with child bearing. These last couple of years have been scary ones. Miscarriages, pregnancy problems, etc. It takes a toll on the Momma. I am too old for this.

In light of the tragedy in CT, I am so very grateful that my scary stuff has had happy endings. That is all I have to say about that.

No comments: