Tuesday, June 26, 2012

8 - 9 - 10...

Well, it is official and I can now announce to the tiny world of my blog and say that my 39 year old daughter is having twins. She will be 40 when they are born. She is on bedrest for some sort of hemorrhage in her uterus that may or may not affect the pregnancy. As old as I am, and as many pregnancies I know about, I have never heard of this condition.

She is undeniably bored of being in her room. Luckily, her husband is home for the summer because he is a teacher. She has teenagers, two little ones, and a big house that needs looking after. Her husband is a good man. He is holding his own there. I am thankful he is in her life. We are so looking forward to these two wee ones due in January. We just have to be patient and wait until we can find out if we get one boy and one girl, or two boys, or two girls, and if they are fraternal or identical. So many things to look forward to.

My babiest girl is having her son on August 13th. For those of you that know me, know that these little ones will be my numbers 8, 9, and 10. Whew. I am going from 7 to 10 grandchildren in a matter of months. That is a lot of grandbabies. I love them all fiercely (born and unborn).

I'll tell you what. Having the stress of carrying concern about my daughters pregnancies is draining. I can happily say that it would be much worse if I didn't know that God is good and He is in control of my grandchildren. I know I can trust Him. I know that I can count on Him, no matter what happens. I know he has blessed me with seven other grandchildren that are nearly perfect.

I am concerned about my babiest daughter because of her past experience with her first pregnancy with her firstborn daughter. She had a lot of issues that I have expounded upon previously, so I won't bore you with that again. That said, I am a bit nervous about her delivery, not because I don't trust in God to get her through, but because my flesh won't let me not be nervous. I know without the grace of God, she would not be here today. I so praise Him for taking such good care of her the first time. I was so helpless. I trust Him to be with her through this birth as well.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on that. I want to dwell on the fact that he is a boy baby. We have only had one other boy baby and that one is now 15 years old. How did that happen? Shew. Time flies.

I am excited to meet this little guy. His sisters prayed for him to come into their family. God does answer prayers. He will be an answered prayer. They asked for a baby brother, not just a baby. When we went for the ultrasound to find out the gender of him, I knew he was a boy because that is what his sisters prayed for. They each, in different grades at school with different teachers as well, wrote their Christmas wish for God to give them a baby brother. And he did. Do you realize how that will grow their faith in God? To know that He cares so much for them? I am usually wrong when guessing gender, but I was pretty sure that God would give those little girls the baby brother they had been praying for. And He did.

Anyway, my cup overflows with love for these children that I haven't even met yet.

No comments: